- One 6-ounce package vegan "bacon"
- 2 teaspoons oil
- One 24-ounce package frozen lima beans
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- One 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
Fry vegan "bacon" in oil in a non-stick frying pan until crisp on both sides (about 10 minutes). Chop into very small pieces.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, cook lima beans in boiling water for 10 minutes and drain.
Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a medium-size oven-proof baking dish. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Serve warm.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 2-ounce can mushrooms
- 3/4 cup liquid
- 18 medium boiled shrimp
- 1 1/2 pints medium oysters
- Parmesan cheese
To make sauce, melt butter and add flour, garlic, onion juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed and liquid. Add mushrooms and shrimp. Cook until thickened. Put oysters in saucepan and simmer just until edges curl. Drain. Put oysters on cleaned oyster shells. Cover each with sauce mixture. Sprinkle each with cheese. Place on tray covered with rock salt. Broil for about 5 minutes or until bubbly.