- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews or sunflower seeds
- 4 eggs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 cup grated swiss or mozzarella cheese
- butter or margarine (to grease the pan)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cook the rice, then mix
with everything else except the cheese. Pour into a
greased 8" by 8" baking pan, and sprinkle the cheese on
top. Bake for 40 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup amaranth
Combine water, the amaranth, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes or until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Makes about 1 cups.
Variation with Mixed Tiny Grains: Mix teff, amaranth, and quinoa, the latter thoroughly rinsed, and cook as described.