- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds zucchini, sliced 1/4" round
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
Preheat oven to 375F. Butter inside of shallow two quart baking dish. Combine first 6 ingredients in bowl and mix well. Place layer of zucchin1 in baking dish and layer with same of the cheese mixture. Repeat, ending with cheese mixture. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan in small bowl.
Sprinkle over casserole. Dot with butter. Tent with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes until top is brown. Serve hot.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 2-ounce can mushrooms
- 3/4 cup liquid
- 18 medium boiled shrimp
- 1 1/2 pints medium oysters
- Parmesan cheese
To make sauce, melt butter and add flour, garlic, onion juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed and liquid. Add mushrooms and shrimp. Cook until thickened. Put oysters in saucepan and simmer just until edges curl. Drain. Put oysters on cleaned oyster shells. Cover each with sauce mixture. Sprinkle each with cheese. Place on tray covered with rock salt. Broil for about 5 minutes or until bubbly.