- 24 oz Great Northern Beans
- 12 oz. water
- 4 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 sm. onion, minced
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs. ham, cooked and cubed
In large pan, cook sliced carrots and onion in water until tender. Add beans, ham, tomato sauce and Worcestershrie sauce. Simmer 1 hour. Can be made in a crockpot on low. Serves 4.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 4 scallions -- minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper -- to taste
Dust chicken lightly with flour. Melt butter in nonstick fry pan and
saute chicken over medium-high heat until brown on both sides, about
2-3 minutes per side. Remove chicken and keep warm.
Pour broth into skillet, increase heat and deglaze skillet by boiling
and scraping loose browned bits on bottom of pan. Add ginger and
cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in mustards and scallions.
Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over chicken.