- 5 c. chicken broth
- 8 lg. shallots in thin slices
- 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
- 2 celery stalks chopped with leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 c. heavy cream
- Chopped chives
1. In a saucepan, put chicken broth, shallots and tarragon and celery. Bring to a boil. Simmer, cover for 45 minutes in low heat. Into blender container ladle half of mixture, cover and at high speed, blend until smooth. Repeat with other half.
2. In a bowl beat the cream and yolks. Stir into the soup. Reheat the soup stirring until yolk are cooked. Do not boil. Serve hot, garnish with chives and paprika.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 4 scallions -- minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper -- to taste
Dust chicken lightly with flour. Melt butter in nonstick fry pan and
saute chicken over medium-high heat until brown on both sides, about
2-3 minutes per side. Remove chicken and keep warm.
Pour broth into skillet, increase heat and deglaze skillet by boiling
and scraping loose browned bits on bottom of pan. Add ginger and
cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in mustards and scallions.
Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over chicken.