- 1-1/2 cups grated green cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups grated red cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 3/4 cup fat-free Cole slaw dressing
- One 20-ounce can pineapple chunks
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
Fold first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl with wooden spoon.
Chill and serve with a garnish of freshly ground black pepper. Serve with outdoor-cooked foods.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 2-ounce can mushrooms
- 3/4 cup liquid
- 18 medium boiled shrimp
- 1 1/2 pints medium oysters
- Parmesan cheese
To make sauce, melt butter and add flour, garlic, onion juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed and liquid. Add mushrooms and shrimp. Cook until thickened. Put oysters in saucepan and simmer just until edges curl. Drain. Put oysters on cleaned oyster shells. Cover each with sauce mixture. Sprinkle each with cheese. Place on tray covered with rock salt. Broil for about 5 minutes or until bubbly.