- 1-1/2 cups grated green cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups grated red cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 3/4 cup fat-free Cole slaw dressing
- One 20-ounce can pineapple chunks
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
Fold first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl with wooden spoon.
Chill and serve with a garnish of freshly ground black pepper. Serve with outdoor-cooked foods.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup amaranth
Combine water, the amaranth, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes or until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Makes about 1 cups.
Variation with Mixed Tiny Grains: Mix teff, amaranth, and quinoa, the latter thoroughly rinsed, and cook as described.