- 1 1/2 lbs frozen shrimp, defrosted, dried off on paper towel
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2-3 T fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- 4 scallions, sliced in thin rounds
- 8 radishes, washed, sliced in thin rounds
cayenne pepper, a dash
- 3 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 lb conchiglie, (shells) or fusilli (screws)
Set pasta water to boil.
Cook the shrimp as per instructions on package. Do not overcook.
Remove from heat, drain and allow to cool.
Prepare radishes and scallions.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
Drain when al dente.
Rinse with cold water to stop cooking process and prevent from sticking.
Place the pasta in a large serving bowl.
Mix in the mayonnaise, the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Add the rest of the ingredients and toss, mixing well.
Sprinkle with a dash of cayenne pepper, or if you prefer Tabasco sauce.
Place in refrigerator for an hour or more.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 2-ounce can mushrooms
- 3/4 cup liquid
- 18 medium boiled shrimp
- 1 1/2 pints medium oysters
- Parmesan cheese
To make sauce, melt butter and add flour, garlic, onion juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed and liquid. Add mushrooms and shrimp. Cook until thickened. Put oysters in saucepan and simmer just until edges curl. Drain. Put oysters on cleaned oyster shells. Cover each with sauce mixture. Sprinkle each with cheese. Place on tray covered with rock salt. Broil for about 5 minutes or until bubbly.