- 1 cup tender, fresh snow peas, washed, lightly steamed or blanched
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast in 1 inch strips
- 15 or more pitted green olives, more to taste, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- (optional) 1 tsp mustard (classic French vinaigrette has this)
- (optional) 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced fine
- (optional) 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 oz cooked linguine or pasta of your choice
Cook and drain pasta.
Lightly steam or blanche and refresh snowpeas (plunge briefly in boiling water the rinse immediately with cold water).
Cut the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
Make vinaigrette dressing: Measure 2 T vinegar into mixing bowl. Add optional mustard, minced garlic or ginger, salt and pepper and stir will. Add the 6 T olive oil and mix well again. (some do this in a mixing jar, make double or triple the quantity and keep the extra for other salads).
Combine the pasta and the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add the vinaigrette and stir well again, taste for seasoning.
1 c. oil
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
4 c. apple, finely chopped
1/2 c. coconut
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Beat together oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add apples, and set aside. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, powder and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to apple mixture. Mix well. Add coconut. Spread into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan (or two 8 x 8 inch pans). Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in pan. For individual cakes. Divide mixture by filling 18 to 24 cupcake/muffin tins 3/4 full. Use paper liners. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Mary Miranda