- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup butter, softener
1. Place water, milk, egg, 1/3 cup butter, sugar, salt, flour and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough/Knead and First Rise Cycle; press Start.
2. When cycle finishes, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12 inch circle, spread 1/4 cup softened butter over entire round. Cut each circle into 8 wedges. Roll wedges starting at wide end; roll gently but tightly. Place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Cover with clean kitchen towel and put in a warm place, let rise 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
3. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 4 scallions -- minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper -- to taste
Dust chicken lightly with flour. Melt butter in nonstick fry pan and
saute chicken over medium-high heat until brown on both sides, about
2-3 minutes per side. Remove chicken and keep warm.
Pour broth into skillet, increase heat and deglaze skillet by boiling
and scraping loose browned bits on bottom of pan. Add ginger and
cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in mustards and scallions.
Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over chicken.