- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower combination
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in large frying pan over medium high heat. Cook potatoes, stirring frequently until tender-crisp. Stir in chicken, and cook until no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in condensed soup, milk and onion powder. Arrange vegetables on top, and sprinkle with parsley, marjoram and basil. Cover, and simmer over low heat until chicken is cooked through, and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in Parmesan.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup amaranth
Combine water, the amaranth, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes or until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Makes about 1 cups.
Variation with Mixed Tiny Grains: Mix teff, amaranth, and quinoa, the latter thoroughly rinsed, and cook as described.